About Me

My photo
I am an Entrepreneur and home business owner helping others to live their best life. I am a passionate world traveler. I've had many adventures through 33 countries and lived in 5. I love living life to the fullest and experiencing the abundant wealth and happiness that this amazing planet has to offer. Life is not a dress rehearsal so we have to play full out!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Nike says it best.....Just Do It!

I've been thinking lately of how I could put together a list of success principles based on my travel achievements. I've lived a pretty adventurous, courageous and successful life travelling the globe. You don't do that unless you possess certain qualities and character traits. I wanted to put together something as to how anyone could apply these same principles to other aspects of their life and achieve the same success. Success principles work no matter what avenue you use them for.

I sat down to think about it and put some ideas together when I reached a blank. I thought I would come up immediately with a list I must have had to get me travelling around the world but no list came. I reflected deeply on all the countries I visited, all the experiences I had, the people I formed friendships with and I said to myself "Okay Caroline, how did you do it? How did you have these incredible adventures to 33 countries and live in 5? What was it about you that gave you the ability to do all that?"

My response was "I just did it!" 'I just did it". There is no other answer. Sure there were many other qualities and character traits that gave me the ability to have the experiences but none of them really mattered unless I stepped on to that plane and did it. People always said to me how lucky and brave I was and wished they could do the same. But I never could quite understand where they were coming from because I knew they could do the same. For me it was easy, luck played no part, I just did it. I just stepped on the plane and went and never looked back.

I knew what I wanted and I took ACTION!

Did I possess many strong success traits before I did it? Probably not or none that I was aware of. I was young and immature and didn't know anything about anything. All I knew was that I wanted to travel and so I just did it. I just hopped on that plane and went.

Did I have a lot of money? No I turned up in London with no home, no job and a couple of hundred bucks. That didn't matter, I knew what I wanted and so I just did it!

Did I have much experience? No! It was the first time I had lived away from the safety and security of my parents. My first experience living on my own was in the city of London, knowing no one, with no money. Experience didn't matter, I just did it.

I didn't have support either. I was on my own but I found a lot of support and made great friendships after I just did it!

Did I develop strong character traits along the way that helped me to continue my journeys and grow as a person? Absolutely! I wouldn't be who I am today had I not travelled. It shaped me as an amazingly, strong and confident person. Would I be this person now if I never took the action toward my dream in the first place? No! Thank God, I just did it!

What is it in your life that you want to do or achieve? What is it that is holding you back? Lack of money or experience?- irrelevant. Lack of friends or support?- irrelevant. Wrong timing? No strengths, skills or talents? All irrelevant. You can find a million reasons why you can't do it but that's not going to get you what you want and shape you to be who you want to be. You've got nothing to lose but everything to gain. All that matters is what you want.

Nike said it the best- 'Just do it!' Those 3 simple words speak so much about the call to your action. Just take the first step. All the rest will come later. You're missing out on a wild, fun ride because of your inability to take action. Just do it and success will find you!


No comments:

Post a Comment